Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 150: May 30, 2010

Carter encountered yet another head injury today. This is two in a couple weeks time. This one, however, was slightly worse than the first one.

Carter, his cousin, and two other boys (clifford and JT) went to the park about 5 blocks from my sister-in-law's house. They were chaperoned by 2 adults (one of whom is a nurse, thank God!) Since there is a big open field at the park, the boys decided to bring golf clubs and a rocket to let off in the field.

We got a call about 30 mins later saying that Clifford got hit in the head with a golf club. My brother-in-law and his father jumped in the car to bring them back. However, when they got back, we learned it wasn't Clifford that got hit, it was Carter.

The bump on his head was HUGE! So much that I let out a little gasp when I first saw him. The photographer part of me wanted to grab my camera and get a picture right away, but the mother side of me won out and I decided to cuddle with him and hold the ice on his head. Luckily, he came out of it with only the bump and a little cut on his head.

I did get a picture about 6 hours later. This doesn't even begin to show the size of the initial bump, but even after 6 hours and lots of ice, he still had a pretty good bump on his head.

Day 150: May 30, 2010

Little does he know, if he hurts his precious little head one more time, I will be wrapping him in bubble wrap and sending him out with a helmet on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment